Moore Capital Management LP
Elaine Crocker is a member of the Board of Directors, President, and a member of the Investment Advisory Committee of Moore Capital Management, LP. Founded in 1989, Moore Capital currently has 365 employees. As President, Ms. Crocker is responsible for administration of all areas of the firm, with the heads of finance, operations, legal, compliance, human resources, technology, and investor relations all reporting to her. Known in the industry for her ability to identify and nurture talented traders, Ms. Crocker is also responsible for the selection of portfolio managers at Moore Capital. Prior to joining Moore in January 1995, she was a Managing Director and an Executive Vice President of Commodities Corporation (U.S.A) N.V. (“CC (U.S.A.)”). Her responsibilities included the planning, selection and development of CC (U.S.A.)’s trading, research, risk control and legal and compliance activities, and she was also responsible for portfolio selection for internal capital and managed fund products. She joined Commodities Corporation in 1970. Ms. Crocker received a B.S. in Business Administration from Sophia University International College in Tokyo, Japan. Ms. Crocker currently serves as the Vice Chair on the Board of Directors of each of the 100 Women in Finance Association and the 100 Women in Finance Foundation.
- 2018 – Awarded the Institutional Investor’s Manager Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2009 – Inducted into the Hedge Fund Hall of Fame by The Futures Industry Association
- 2007 & 2008 – Named one of The Top 25 Nonbank Women in Finance by US Banker magazine
- 2007 – Named one of Most Influential Women in New York City Business, Crain’s New York Business
- 2003 – Awarded the 100 Women in Hedge Funds’ Industry Leadership Award